Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Baker's Dozen ... done!

... not muffins or cookies..but little Dotee Dolls.   They look like pretty little cupcakes to me ..   with icing and sprinkles ... or is it sparkles? ...

Originally I was joking about perhaps making a dozen...but, then... because I love to bake ... in my head (of course) it became a baker's dozen.  And, why not?  They are so much fun to do and so colourful and cheerful .. it's been a great few weeks of choosing the perfect fabrics and beads.

The first one or two were definitely a bit awkward ...well, maybe it was me who was a bit awkward.  Only because I didn't really know what the heck I was doing...but, I figured it out and sailed along with them soon after that.

And, here they all are....

click to see them closer...


I had this great idea (well, I think it's pretty cute anyway) for a photo of them in the muffin pan.. for blog fodder... so had to get busy and remake two of them that I had let fly the coop too early.













I borrowed Miko back from my neighbour just for the photo shoot so didn't have to re-make her ...













The second Roxanne is missing a little heart necklace as I couldn't find a second in my stash of stuff.... but, she is just as cute as ever.













So, now we have a dozen..













plus Astrid... (and, doesn't she just look so smug with her very own paper case)...













 ..   as an art installation on the coffee table ....


Thanks to Dot Christian for creating Dotee Dolls.... and, for the inspiration to do some fun little stitching projects  ...



9 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

These are adorable and magical. I'd have a hard time eating these art pieces:)

sandy said...

wow this is so cute.

Dolores said...

Delicious.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a fun way to display all your little ladies. I embiggened the photos so I could see all the little details. Fun!!!!

Lin said...

Oh my GOSH! That is so adorable!!

I LOVE my Roxy! I brought her to work to cheer me up on a rotten day and she did the trick--it was not a bad day after all. Then I brought her home to take her photo....which I still have to do....

These are more beautiful in person--you just cannot appreciate the bead work that goes into these little treasures!

frayed at the edge said...

They look FABULOUS!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh wow since I have been away the dotees have multiplied! They are all lovely.

Beedeebabee said...

I just had to click on the picture so I could really enjoy all the cuteness of your little dolly girls. One is just as cute as the next, and they are all totally adorable! xoxo

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I had lost you and now have found you.I love your Dotee Dolls they are adorable. It looks like you are still making beauty and happiness. Take care. Hug B