Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I want one!!!

A big, beautiful painting.....just like this one.  Same colours and everything!  It would look perfect on my new wall colour...



Duane Cregger.  That's the artist.  Saw this on a blog that I go to regularly.  I can't afford his paintings... but, if I ever see a worthwhile print... I'll buy it.  Maybe I should write him and ask about prints of his works.  I've only seen 3 of his paintings offered as prints on an art-for-sale site, ... and, well...they aren't for me at all...but these .... these are for me!!  He's changed his palette over the years ...

Maybe I should get some oil paints and just buy a big stretched canvas and see if I can smear on some pretty colours myself .... how hard can it be?  He claims he doesn't even know what he is doing or that he is doing it when he paints...uhm, yeh...right...





Failing that ..... how about you artists out there doing one or two ..in these colours....and maybe I can buy one from you instead?

Something about 40 x 60 inches or so .........or .... two paintings about half that size ......   for a big empty wall I have ... my furniture is pale grey blue and two different shades of teal ..... the wall is Russian Olive ... a soft grey green... can you imagine one of those on it? .... oh, yeh..... I can..... I love these colours!


10 comments:

Dolores said...

That's pretty big. I was going to suggest you do one yourself. You are so talented, I'm sure you could pull it off and then it would be totally yours. You could match it exactly to your surroundings...

BeadedTail said...

That's beautiful! We bet you can make one similar too since you are so crafty!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Go for it...you can do it!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure you would have fun if you did it yourself. I remember seeing a painting in my doctors office once and was amazed to find out that he paid over $300 for it. All the artist had done was take half a dozen 3" wide paint rollers and roll a different coloured stripe with each one across a canvas. She had the nerve to call it art!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

V, I know with talent like yours, you would create an exciting wall piece. Go for it. It would be great.

Karen said...

oh yes...I love the top painting too, how beautiful. I did get a waterproof tent....I will survive...I had a wonderful birthday thank you and I hope you enjoyed the cake you said you were going to make...:)

Duane Cregger said...

Hello, Veronica — Thanks for posting my work on your blog . . . I am always pleased when a piece strikes a chord with someone. All the best to you,
Duane

www.duanecregger.com

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Well Vee !!! I'm gonna tell you...LOL...The colors of this painting are gorgeous and it would look good ,bright and pretty on most walls.
But I think you could do one just as easy. I never understood this kind of art work, I'm sure there must be some kind of meaning to it in the artist mines eye. So...Go for it. Make sure you have a drink in one hand.And that should come out just about right...LOL,
Hugs Sweetie,
Just messing with you...LOL,
Marie Antoinette

Linda Vincent said...

Love that top image......the way everything co-ordinates!
Wish I could help you Vee, but I reckon you could do a good job. Go on....you never know what you can do till you try! XX

Debbie said...

it is beautiful, you would need a big wall for this but if you have that, this would be perfect!!

i really like the colors!!