Thursday, February 13, 2014

some embellishment...

...and some stitching too.  And, I even managed to adjust a few things on my editing program... to make my photo appear nicer.  More lightness to it than the original for sure ..and more definition... thanks Karen.

I found a use for a beautiful small piece of very fine silk sent to me by one of the girls in my first stitching class all those months ago.... I ruched it a bit as I was stitching it into position and added some French knots and bullion knots here and there.....








































Playing with placement of a piece of a bit of FME fabric that I made a while ago.... haven't decided where I'm going to put it yet.....

Buttonhole lace edging around the edges to tame some wild straggly bits.  I'm going to double wrap the three cross threads.... the threads I wrapped were only a few threads on cheesecloth... pretty delicate and fragile.... it maybe needs bulking up a bit ....


4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Vee - you've certainly done justice to the word "embellishment" - your pieces are exquisite :D)

Gwen Buchanan said...

V, Your work is so lovely... so delicate and special. so very feminine.

and loving the new idea of documenting your stitches on paper. great combination.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lov-er-lee!! Fun, isn't it?!

Karen said...

you're welcome...and from the other post.....I love the word ''doozy''!! That's a first for me.
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/