Thursday, May 23, 2013

a few more bits and pieces..

......to add to my stash....  how I love getting things in the post....















A few of us in Karen's class decided to swap some fabrics and trims....

There were pieces of cutwork table linens, lace and hanky corners.... love them all girls.... and lexx even sent us some large sequin type thingies to use for mirrors.... I don't exactly know yet how to put those on...but, I'll get to that eventually in one class or other....






























Thanks to everybody who participated ..... love all my goodies... there are even some small enough to use on a pincushion I think... I haven't even tried to piece some little bits together yet for one.... but, that will be my next project.   "mrs. naldie" already has one stretching...arrghhh...I better quit getting dirty in the garden and get moving on some white stuff... definitely can't do both on the same day...well, unless I start with whites and then go out and get dirty...yeh...I could do that!

Yesterday, ..... the fence was finished up... the hoses buried and final rock and mulch placed.... and then...it rained!  How perfect! (except I did get pretty wet golfing..yes I went!)

It is still raining and is going to rain for the forseeable future.... love it!! I don't have to run in and out turning on various zones of sprinklers by hand and timing things so it gets enough and not too much water.... ...we still have to organize the computer part of the sprinkler system.... it got all wonky when they re-worked things....

Today ...the third microwave was delivered.... yep...went through 3 of those as well...not one worked properly.  Cheap, planned obsolescence....   not that they are cheap for us to buy.

Anyway...I'm not going to go on about all of that sh%* yet again....it is a great dull cool wet day ... a good one for baking.   I'm going to make muffins and then I'm going to do long simmering country style chops for supper....

Maybe later, I will get some stitchery done...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those chops sound good to me! Love all your white goodies - have fun with them!

Twiglet said...

A gorgeous selection of bits and bobs - you will love using it all. x Jo