Monday, January 21, 2013

Shrunken heads.












My marshmallowy snow topped flower pots turned into what look like shrunken heads.  Ohhh....terrible.

 I so prefer the marshmallow look.  Soft and yummy....















The yard looks awful now.. some melting took place because we had some Chinook-y days... all sorts of nasty, unfinished things are lying naked and exposed.  Temperatures warmed up to plus numbers...even as high as +10C and then..it dropped again.. to the minus numbers and soooo... there are icy skating rinks all over the place.   Our subdivision streets are totally treacherous!  Not going out there ..so it is the treadmill again for me... well, actually I do it 'til spring when I know the roads and sidewalks are much safer.  No point being silly about that!  I saw my much younger neighbour do a cartoon like activity on his the other day... luckily, or maybe not so very lucky.. (I bet he hurts all over today) ..he spun out ..feet going in all directions; but managed to right himself as one knee was bent all funny and his ice breaking tool hit the ground and stopped his fall...but, wow... that arm  holding it, and the poor leg with that bent knee...oooooh..... not nice....

Maggi and I began a little goose made of mohair last week... first little guy...well, lady actually....   she will even have a cape and bonnet.... of the New Year.  We hope to continue this Wednesday...but, we'll see.  The Second Annual Neighbourhood Progressive dinner is this coming Saturday...and we have the Appetizers...so I must make goodies this week... and/or may be totally in panic mode by Wednesday and then I will have to opt out on playing with fun stuff til the following week.  We'll see.
If I get the little phyllo purses made today..as planned..hopefully I can play with mohair by mid-week.

I'll get a photo later of the WIP .....

Hopefully this blog will be back to making and doing fun stuff this year...   ....although, having said that .... the stupid cabinet company ... named Legacy, is refusing to even return our calls and those of our contractor.  And when they do... they have no answers for us about any of what is happening.  I fervently hope anybody living in Calgary who reads this does not use them and tells everybody they know about their ridiculous lack of caring for customers, their lack of business sense and their total ineptness in actually building cabinetry..... so that nobody has to go through what we are going through with this company.  They still have not made any effort at finishing off our microwave opening...the third attempt; the dishwasher panel; also the third attempt at getting the correct size; or the fridge panels  whose screws are almost poking through them because they indented panels on the back of them and should not have built them that way for attaching to the built-in fridge (there are very detailed, specific instructions and diagrams to be followed as outlined in the installation Guide, which they have had for months) ... but, now they want to just repair things which have not been built to specifications... . I'm not sure how that would be attempted ...  . and...the drawer front next to the oven which has 1/2 inch insets on the panel instead of 1/4 inch insets like all the other drawer and cupboard fronts in the whole kitchen .... ...The oven is now actually in position and working, thankfully, so at least I can do my other hobby....baking!  I am trying to stay calm... because it is the only way I will make it through the end of the renovation project, whenever that might be, without injuring somebody or breaking something.....

If I had any money left I would begin a lawsuit for breach of contract .... because they have been for months now.... but, what good would it do? ... only the lawyers would get anything out of it I'm sure ....
 maybe perseverance will pay off......


4 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the cabinet-making idiots. Grrrr.....how frustrating! Let's hope this gets sorted out and wrapped up soon. You'd think they'd want to be done with this whole mess already. Ugh.

Shashi Nayagam said...

You should threaten them to put them on national TV to shame them. Do you not have programmes for consumer rights etc. We have it here and they do investigate companies like these and put them on TV and name them and shame them.

Twiglet said...

Keep at them Vee - hopefully it will come right in the end. x Jo

BeadedTail said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the cabinet company. How frustrating! Hopefully they do what's right soon and finish the job!