Thursday, July 5, 2012

can't do it....

..... just can't throw this little guy away..... it's so weird.




Can you see it? ......his little trunk is broken.

My Mom bought him for a few pennies at a thrift shop years ago.  She and her sister loved to spend hours in there.
She bought him because he was cute...and....well, because he had a broken little trunk.  She couldn't bear the thought that nobody would want him and he would be thrown away. That's just how she was.... and I seem to have inherited some of that...well, more than some I suppose....

Every so often, when I am moving stuff and trying to get rid of a few things ....I pick up this little guy and look at him and wonder if I should maybe get rid of him....but, .... nope.... still can't do it.

A lot of other stuff has hit the curb with the moving prior to the renovation.....

........a lot.........




14 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...that little fella with the broken trunk holds memories with meaning for you, i think thats why he stays and the fact that he is cute and that he's an elephant and there really is something quite magical about elephants...Mel :)

Dolores said...

Besides, he takes up so little space. My youngest daughter loves elephants, another daughter likes loons. Me, I like flamingos.
Is that my little Rusty in your header photo? He's sitting right here beside me and noticed the resemblance.

Redanne said...

I could not bear to part with him either, if he were mine, he is so cute.....A x

Jennifer Rose said...

i didn't even notice the broken trunk until you pointed it out. it takes up so little space, no point throwing him out

Susan said...

He's cute... not his fault his trunk is broken is it! Can see why he wormed his way into all your hearts.
Something about things that aren't 'perfect'... I hang on to a terracotta jug with painted flowers on the side and a chunk out of the top - it's nice :D)

Mrs Mac said...

He is very cute. Erm.... what's that on his head?

Judi W. said...

I'd keep him too!

Twiglet said...

Yes I think I would hang on to him too. He is cute - and rather unusual too. x Jo

Serena Lewis said...

He's a keeper, for sure! Too cute throw away and his broken trunk just gives him character....not to mention, of course, the sentimental value that is attached to him. xo

Unknown said...

Vee, couldn't you make a 'skin for his body adding a new trunk. Just like one of your little bears, only he'd have a hard body ( that you'd never know unless you picked him up) Just a thought. Sue

Lin said...

Well, being that he came into your lives because of that missing trunk, I'd say that is the reason he stays. I have two teeny mice that I've had since I was a girl--and I can't bear to get rid of them. They were my "friends" when I was little and I feel like I'm betraying them if I toss them. That reminds me--I'd better pass them on to my daughter so she protects them too. :)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Vee!
Don't you dare throw that cute little elephant away!!! I know how you can fix him if you must.But the broken trunk is what makes him so cute and forlorn...LOL...Like us.Give him a beer!
XXOO Marie Antionette

Shashi Nayagam said...

No you definitely cannot do it.. he is too cute and lovable that is why your mum brought him.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Vee, NOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't get rid of the cute little guy! :(
If you must... send him to me! :)
He is darling.
Hugs