Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WOYWW

Hi WOYWW snoopers.... c'mon in!

The Viking has done with guarding and keeping things secret....and no, sorry.... still can't show you what the heck was under his care.  But, now, all of a sudden he wants attention.  Seems he has tidied and cleared away most of my desk actually.  Good thing, because I needed some help.  Soon it'll be totally packed away in preparation for our renovation.















He is barking commands at me in some language I don't understand.... but, finally I figured out it is something about his scratty friend here who's lost an eye... needs surgery.... ... or somehow they think I should just re-insert the thing......















Well actually, it is my fault.  I never did actually stitch the eyes in when I was completing the poor little guy...a very bad habit of mine.  Almost every single bear, doll or rabbit, in this case... needs some little thing fixing, finishing or fastening.... I get them to the photographing stage and then.....that's it.  They just sit there and somehow I forget they still need finishing.

Sigh.... I'm a dirty, rotten, procrastinator.....it's in my nature....

But, not today.... Olaf is insisting...















As a matter of fact...he is really getting up in my face about it all.... sheeesh....















That's it....I'm off to get my upholstery thread and permanently stitch in some eyes.... not only for poor Scratty Eddy...but, at least two other characters... and, maybe I'll just finish up some stuffing openings on a few other guys while I'm at it .......yeh...that's it.  It'll make me feel good.
Now where did they put the darn eye? ...

oh.... alright...I see it....















How would you like to see what dozens of other crafters are up to?  Check out the list over at Julie's blog.... surf around and have a peek at other desks and worktables.... some fun stuff to see...


30 comments:

Laura said...

Nice of him to lay out the surgical instruments for the operation! Careful with the anesthetic!
Laura 100

Mary Ann Tate said...

I need an Olaf to clean up my space too:)

Sunshine Girl said...

Lol I am very good at almost finishing stuff too! Love all your dolls - thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

Twiglet said...

Renovation?!! No wonder Olaf has been shouting his orders. Hope it goes well. x Jo

Jennifer Rose said...

olaf better be careful with barking commands, viking funerals are pretty easy to arrange ;) and work great when it snows in Canada :p

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...I do loVe your ponderings Vee, they always make me smile and I may just have to adopt poor Scratty Eddy before he looses anymore more body parts, Olaf agrees!...have a fabby week...Mel :)

Est xxx said...

Oh thank you, you really made me smile, hope the procedure went well :-) xx

SuziesImaginarium said...

Lol! I love this post, so funny! And hmmmm I appreciate an honest procrastinator...lots of things go unfinished until they are in someone's cart then.....well, you know! Happy WOYWW #130

Clare said...

I need a nice clear workdesk like that!

Thanks for sharing.

Jumbleberries xx

505whimsygirl said...

What a great job he did of cleaning up! That little bunny is just so adorable!!!

Funny, I'm a big time procrastinator about some things too.

Thanks for visiting me already today!
Hugs,
Kay #33

My name is Cindy said...

LOL I could do with my own viking to keep me on the straight and narrow! That is so me, I am a terrible finisher. TFS Cindy #65

Susan said...

Nothing like a good dose of procrastination - leaves you free to do other things ;D)
I'm sure Scratty will be very happy to receive the second eye!
Hmmm Olaf takes his job seriously doesn't he. Love your posts Vee. Cheers for now xx

Neesie said...

So how is the patient?
I hope all went well of did you carry on procrastinating after you finished this post...come on fess up!
The viking has done an amazing job with your desk...let's hope he's as good with your renovation.

You gave me such a giggle ~ thanks ;D
Neesie #22

Mary Jo said...

Love your nice clean space and your friends, too! :)
I have to admit that I am a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to certain tasks!

Tracey said...

Hope all went well with surgical proceedures lol. Renovation? Ohh sounds interesting. Your desk is far to tidy but wonder how long it will stay like that. Tracey ±90

Ann B said...

Didn't get round to any desks yesterday as I was out, gallivanting, so catching up a bit this morning.

You have a great blog, amusing and lots of gorgeous work to look at (am now following) and I adore the cute and wistful looking little bear in your header.

Thanks for calling by yesterday - much appreciated.
Ann B
#26

VonnyK said...

You're so funny. Love that Olaf and it does look like he has set out for an operation. Hope all went well and little cutey has his eye on.
Have a great week.
Von #3

Catherine said...

I hope the operation went well. ;)
xo Catherine

Hazel said...

What a fun post and what a tidy workspace - thanks for sharing - Hazel #10 x

RosA said...

Hi there, I just LOVE that little fellow who needs an eye repaired! He is a rabbit, isn't he? I'm sure he is! I adore him! Is he looking for a new home??? (Seriously.)
RosA#17

Angie said...

What do you do with all those wonderful creatures great and small if you have them just sitting there having their pictures taken? Quite curious now!
Angie #113

BJ said...

Thanks for stopping by. Love your Viking - Olaf. BJ#18

Amanda said...

I was hoping for the big reveal lol. Olaf is welcome to tidy my craft space anytime. Poor bunny hope he can see clearly now. Hugs, Amanda #123

Eliza said...

At least you are happy with keeping an (eye) on things LOL ok sewing eyes onto creatures is what I should of said LOL Have fun and please send Olaf this way to australia I will love him forever.

Eliza #19

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such organization..in the wee hrs playing catch up between storms. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Diana Taylor said...

What a happy blog - you've put a smile on my face!
Thanks for popping by my work desk, hope you have a great week.

Neet said...

I love reading your posts - especially when Olaf is around. Thanks so much for sharing and in such a lovely fun way.

Sorry I am so late, life just got in the way - thanks for visiting me - Hugs, Neet xx #27

Katie said...

I love your blog, the perfect way to stay a Saturday morning!

I hope the eye surgery went well and everyone is resting up nicely!

Katie #121

Sue from Oregon said...

I think Olaf is going to shape you up girl! Happy WoYWW! Sue K

Unknown said...

I think I need an Olaf to make me tidy my desk too!
Good luck with all those eyes!

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week - sorry it's taken so long for me to get back, it's been a hectic week and I'm not sure why!!

Sheena
xxx