Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I love brown paper packages!


Especially from 'Royal Mail'  .... ooooh   ....  always sounds so posh doesn't it? ......Tied with string or taped...I don't even care about that.  And, why can't I get my print over to the left side now that I have changed out a photo?   arrghhhhn....... 

I'm going to show you each month and its photo as we go through the year... January is Oscar, the blue elephant.  Last year I missed out on a calendar from Gretel.... not this year!  I was at the ready the second I knew there were some in her shop.

                                                                       








Each month has a lovely photo of one of her amazing creations...my photo is not amazing in this case... I'm a blur myself today.  Trying to get some clearing out and sorting done.  And... taking every single teeeeeensy bear out of my curio and washing all the glass, inside and out.. plus the shelves and mirrored backing..... a very loooong procedure if you are me.  Plus...the glass shelves are a bit tricky to get out with this wrecked wing.  I may have to wait for help if they defy me....















Have you seen her Mrs. Mouse's Cupcakes?  They look yummy enough to eat.  I'll have one with berries on top please!















Mmmmmmm... yes !....thanks.........

10 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh lucky you - I love Gretels work too. So many very clever artists around. have a good week. x Jo

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
Love that Blue Elephant. Be careful with all that cleaning...remember your damaged wing! LOL
Hugs

Mrs Mac said...

Gorgeous! A year of inspiration, there!

Nip over and see the new vid on Bob's blog. It will make you smile :)

Sue said...

oooohhh...must check this artist out - that elephant is adorable!

Yes, don't swing at that cleaning, just chip away at it!

Hugs

Unknown said...

What a lovely calendar. I can see why you wanted one. Are you still carrying that sore elbow? Maybe it's time to go and order a new 'part'....old girl. Sorry ...I just can't help myself. Susan (Maa)

Louise said...

Delicious looking cupcakes, though not so sure I'd like the feel of felt on my tongue! Royal Mail really isn't as posh as you think, I can assure you! x

Anonymous said...

I love Gretel's work - I have both her books, soe of her cards and two of her prints - I am saving up to but one of her needlefelted creations!

Catherine said...

What a cute calendar! Put it in a special place so you can see it every day!
xo Catherine

Shashi Nayagam said...

Lovely calender and I hope by now you have cleaned out everything and are putting your feet up and enjoying that coffee.

Gretel said...

Gosh, thank you Vee, what a lovely write up - I'm so glad you like it and it's great to see it in situ - and, we are nearly through January already! Watch that arm of yours, cleaning can wait. I'd come over and do it for you if I wasn't so far away. X