Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello....

My name is Veronica... and I am a procrastinator.   I feel like I'm at my weekly meeting of a 12 step program.  Is there one for Procrastinators Anonymous?  If there is, then I better sign up...  maybe next week...... hahahah.....

I wasted hours thinking about doing something with my current doll making project.  I do it all the time... just thinking...not much doing.  Why can't I just go for the gusto!  Just pick up something and stick some clay on.... or slap on a coat of paint...or stitch some fabric?  But, no...  I have to think it to death first.  Wander around putzing... wondering what happens if I do such and such?  Wasting more time making tea and thinking..."What if it doesn't work out the way I think it should".  What if... sheeesh.  ..
... don't worry about what ifs and whys... just do it!!

Today was much more productive.  I did just do.  And... things worked out pretty well.  I sanded off her eyelids...which looked more like prominent orbital bones and re-arranged her face.  Got some hair done...and added more clay to her body.  Stitched on arms and legs.... woohoooo
Tomorrow... darn it I have to run a few errands..but.... then, ...first coat of paint.

She is in a most unlady-like position at the moment... head down in her cup... must get a shot of that tomorrow too... oh, and...hey..I even sewed up a skirt and coffee dyed it!  Today was a good day.  Why they can't all be like this I don't have a clue.

No pics of her today...so I leave you with supper.  How I love a baked potato with a wonderful, leathery skin!  Haven't had one for ages... chick pea salad with a little crumble of Feta.. meat loaf... and carrots and peas.... pretty darn yummy if I do say so... and I do.

8 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Bizzare timing! I was laying awake last night thinking about procrastination and my tendancies towards it!

BTW, that dinner looks so good!

Carol H said...

I go to the head of the class for procrastinators! I've killed more ideas because I thought about it so much it never got started or if started never finished. Then I get into a slump and all enthusiasm for any project gets lost. But it does feel good when you finally get going and produce something. I'm really thinking about valentine's day, making something for the kids, let's see how far I get!
Glad to hear you followed through and got a doll going, I bet she'll be great.
Carol

Twiglet said...

Hi BV
Oh yes another procrastinator here too as well as being a Libran so can never make my mind up either! Thanks for popping over to my blog - good to hear from you. Blue Peter is a BBC TV Children's programme which has been going for about 50 years. They often make or bake something and to speed up the prog. they demonstrate parts of the process then show you a finished or part finished item and say . . "here's one I made earlier"

Shelly said...

We all need a little time to put off things. My worst thing is not trying a new craft because I'm not sure I can finish it. I need to work on this...Your meals looks so so good. We had meatloaf at our house last night. It was pretty good...I tried a new reciepe...Shelly

Anonymous said...

I'm a Libran, so I hate being given a choice!! However when it comes to craft things, I tend to dive in and make a start - I just make it up as I go along! We had baked potatoes for dinner tonight - always a good standby for dinner!!

Serena Lewis said...

LOL...we definitely are on the same wavelength, Vee. My name is Serena and I'm a Procrastinator too..... I'm glad you pushed past the procrastination and did more work on your doll. I'm going to try the 15 minutes a day thing and, hopefully, it will get a more healthy, creative habit going.

I LOVE baked potatoes and your plate of food looks DIVINE!

Maria Vaz said...

You, a procrastinator? I don´t think so!!!! All the stuff you have created ... come on ... that´s not of a procrastinator! Your baked potato looks so yummy, please send some over. ;)
Hugs,
Maria

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

Glad that you had a productive day! and look forward to seeing your new Mademoiselle.
Your dinner looks yummy ~ give me a baked potato in it's jacket and I would be happy too.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn