Sunday, January 31, 2010

Emma has clothes...

...They are kinda tatty...supposed to be.  But, they do the job.  There was choosing....then cutting...then... hesitating...then.... finally after watching the tutorial a few more times because I had to make sure which side I put the waist band on for about the third time.. (Maggi ...stop laughing over there !!) ..  I had plenty of fabric.  What difference would it really make if I screwed it up? ...but, that's me with sewing...I hesitated still.














Finally ..got a skirt made.  Coffee dyed it.   I don't think you can really tell..but, there is plenty of colour and some crease stains..etc.  Smells great too...I added some vanilla. She smells good enough to eat. 





























Ta Da !!


















At first I was afraid to do any distressing or put on any staining colours...but, I left off the finishing varnish...because somehow I knew I might have to make it a bit darker still.  She is in dim light here to show how it looks...but, in the real light daytime..it might not be enough colour yet.  Funny how it goes....



















So, little lady.... been through some rough times 'av ya?



















Never mind....yer among friends now....

Thanks boys....  it's good to find new friends....

20 comments:

Unknown said...

She is Beautiful Vee!!!

She looks so comfy and at home with the boys. :o)

Terra said...

Emma is darling. I didn't know about how you can coffee stain material, and it really turned out lovely with the little rosebuds, pale coffee enhanced background and even a scent of vanilla, which I think I detected :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Ohhhh, Emma is simply adorable! I love her. You did a fantastic job! Really. :)

Dolores said...

I think you were very successful on your primitive doll. I'd like to see her friend too.

Shashi Nayagam said...

You know she turned out gorgeous. After all that make up she is a real beauty. I have just enroled for Nancy William's class. She teaches her vintage doll in polymer clay. I will have a go with paper clay as well. Can't wait to get started.

Daisy said...

She's adorable! I like the tiny rose pattern on the dress.

Petrinetrollmor said...

Congratulations ! She is the most adorable !

(Visit my blogg, I having a giveaway time) lol

MaryO said...

She's a little sweetheart, Vee!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's gorgeous!! Thanks for the info on paperclay - but perhaps I should finish a few more things on the to-do list, before I try something new!!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Oh, just catching up now. Love the Evolution of Emma!!

Draffin Bears said...

Emma is beautiful, love her new dress.
She looks right at home with her new friends.

Hugs
Carolyn

Maria Vaz said...

She looks amazing, Vee ... great job! You finished it in record time too. I thought it would take longer to complete, but then there is no doubt that you are so talented. Perhaps I should try to make one, but then it would probably take me years to finish it... well, I could call it my ongoing project ;)
Hugs ....

Shelly said...

Beautiful doll...very vintage looking...keep up the great work...Shelly

Abi said...

First class V! looks like you can turn a hand to just about everything! what's next? :O)

Nicole said...

Wow... congratulations on finishing her. She's gorgeous.

Linda Fleming said...

Wonderful prim, Vee! She looks like some one's beloved vintage doll.

sandy said...

absolutely adorable she is!!

Pauline said...

Brilliant work again Vee, love your dolls, she looks like she settled in nicely and made friends.

Hugs
Pauline

Lynn said...

"Nishe Gams, Doll." Seriously, she's adorable. I can see how making dolls could be seriously addicting, although I'd spend half the time cursing the fiddly bits! I love bears made of vintage fabrics and furs, too. It's fun to think of their lineage.

Beedeebabee said...

I think Emma is soooo sweet! Such an old fashioned look she has. Just charming! You're so talented! Hugs, xoxo