Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Photo a week...

Overshot the day ..once again....oh, well.... here I am guys.... however, even if I am ready to roll out a pic or two...blogger is not. It flatly refuses and has been doing so for the past hour...so, I'll just show you some words then...and put up a photo later.... kay?

aha...there's one now..... my tomatoes that I grew.... the tastiest I've ever eaten I'm sure. On home made Tuscan bread too Susan... that bread is so good toasted.











Must eat a good brekky... still reno'ing ...... and still enjoying the most gorgeous days 'round these parts ... it's gone up to +24 C already today and it was only supposed to be 21. Mr. BV has gone to the golf course with some guys from the office...a little tourney. He hasn't played all summer... sure hope things go okay...he has a reputation on the golf course... to do with a nasty disposition when his game is not co-operating, and how can it when he hasn't even hit any balls this season? ... Just as well the wives were not invited this year.... or, maybe seeing as it is his first game... perhaps it will be the best. Anyway...he deserves a day off...he has had his nose to the proverbial grindstone since we got back from the Okanagan in August...and now he knows he has to go back to work Oct 5... so we are in go mode. Carpeting is being laid September 30 ... .... so we must be at that stage by then. The office is completely painted and ready...the main tv room is now ready too...we are moving on the exercise room toady..hahaha...yeh...right toady....that would be "today". I am taking off all the light switch plates and plug in covers and taping them off while he is away. Think I'll go later and hit a bucket of balls though...to be really ready for tomorrow. I hope I can get the perfect swing and a great first ball off the first tee...... what a sweet feeling that is.... it doesn't happen often. But, maybe after my lesson and some practice....just maybe.....

Tomorrow...the old guys will be overheated...it's supposed to be a whopping +31 !! Who can believe it is getting to the end of September with this beautiful weather? .. I even went to use up a golf lesson I had hanging around since last year. I'm pretty excited with what I learned too.... I got more out the first 5 minutes with wonderful, patient Ron than I got out of the 3 lessons I had last year with stupid, cocky, young Dave. I have actually been out to hit a few buckets of balls too... with my new toy. Ohhhh....I love that thing! At this point, I wanted to show her photo...but, as I mentioned.... blogger not co-operating..etc...oh, look there she is..... Bertha..... hahahah...












Mr. BV got her for me early in the season..and so far I've only used her a few times... but, look out next year!! I plan on a tune up lesson right out of the chute and then...I'm gonna golf all season !! Won't be any renovating happening next summer .... I can't believe it.... no renovating left to do by then...after all the years of doing bits and pieces here and there and still not being finished. But, by Christmas...it should all be finished. After that; just be touch ups every so often like normal folks do. Oh, boy...what a great gift that will be for the holidays....

well, for now..it is not photo a week...but maybe later....

10 comments:

Susan said...

ahhh sure ! they all say no more renovating - might you be kidding yourself ?? wink. Oliver sends a special very handsome Hello.

Carla said...

Sure wish I could still play golf. Loved that game and loved it even more when I beat the old man. LOL

BumbleVee said...

Susan..... no more renovating....why? ...because everything will be done and there will be no more that can be done!! hahahah...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... oops....I'm so overjoyed I'm totally losing it here. But, honestly, this house will finally be brand new really. All the painting and finishing we have been doing is still in perfect pristine shape...the laundry room was just re-done for the second time....the main bathroom was done just over a year ago...won't be doing that again...ever. It was a killer year of hard work! And... next year...somebody will come to build a new fence...and well,....me....I'll just be golfing...and gardening...and lollygagging about on the patio with a glass of wine in hand.....maybe one in each hand in major celebration of said accomplishments finally having become a fait accompli....

Linda Fleming said...

Oh Vee! I'm so haopy for you- being so close to having all the renovating finished. Soon you can just do fun things with your time and enjoy your lovely newly renovated home.

Enjoy your nice weather!

Mike Fleming said...

Lucky you, those tomatoes look great one of the only things I miss about living up north, just can't get good tomatoes in Florida.

HElen said...

Tomato and bread...couldn't get better :)

Serena Lewis said...

How exciting that you are nearing the end of your renos! I'm sure you will find lots to do instead....what fun!

Homegrown is always more satisfying and tasty. YUMMY!

Have a great day at golf tomorrow!

Jennifer Rose said...

its such a great feeling having all the renovations done. great to have time to relax :)

Abi said...

And then you'll decide to sell it, and buy another property which needs renovating!!! LOL :O)

BumbleVee said...

that'll never happen Abi.... when I leave here.... it'll be in a bag. I'm gonna hire me a nanny when I get old (well, older...) and stay right here....