Friday, September 19, 2008

..Sea Treasures.....

My mailman was leaving just as I rounded the corner from my speed walking.... he shouted that I had a parcel..... ooooohh !! ..... ....I picked up the pace even if my little legs were already going about as fast a trotting Corgi....

Recognized the address right away..... my long time blog buddy Darly.... whose parcel I have been anticipating for ... well, let's just say I've been on high alert for a while now...hahha... it has become a private joke. Sorry Darly, had to get it in somewhere, didn't I? but, now.... ....












... the highly anticipated surprise .... my little mermaid spied that shell etui right away.











...she was trying to lay claim to it before I even got to look inside.











Then, she managed to open it.... aahhhhhh ..... the colours! and there inside...another tiny mermaid in her beautiful world of aquas and greens...seaweed and shells and pearls... pearls?














Hey! I got a pearl!











there's a real pearl in there!

.... another mermaid... swimming with fish and a friendly octopus....










and...... a beautiful earring set. Sea Glass! Sometimes called Mermaid's Tears ... somebody remembered my fascination with sea treasures.....











I'm a very lucky girl..... thank you so much Darly.... you are a pearl too.....

13 comments:

Guzzisue said...

they are beautiful, when ever I see earings like that it tempts me to get my other ear pierced so I can wear a pair :-) been back a week from our travels and hubby along with Biker ted have already left me and gone to Scotland for a bike rally- methinks time to get the paints and fabrics out...yeah

Pauline said...

Oh my word that is a beautiful treasure, lucky you, what a nice surprise for you on opening the parcel. Love your mermaid too.

Pauline

Vee said...

Sea glass earrings! Sooooo pretty!! I like collecting sea glass, too, and have a jar of it around here somewhere. That's a very pretty shade of green, too. I bet you look great wearing those.

You gals are so creative and talented. Very nice treasures.

Draffin Bears said...

Lucky you ~ what a lot of pretty treasures you have.
Pearls are so beautiful and I love the little mermaid.

Hugs
Carolyn

Little Blue Violet said...

ROTFLMAO!! We did a pay it forward??? When??? When is that due??? I just got your email....I dont even remember a pay it forward. So happy you like your under the sea treasures.
smiles
your better late than never...late for her own funeral friend
DarLy*~

Little Blue Violet said...

PS..Check this out...Apple pie & crust recipe which says it has NO cholesterol.......
smiles
DarLy*~

Little Blue Violet said...

ROTFLMAO again....absent minded me..heres the recipe:
http://sunshinenravioli.blogspot.com/


whats my name and who are U ?

MightyMom said...

oh my gosh that's TINY

Unknown said...

What a lovely treasure trove you got from Darly! Lucky you. The Mermaid tears and Mermaid gifts are all so lovely!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wow..I've not ever seen anything like this. It is so beautiful...including the pearl! :)

Linda Fleming said...

What a beautiful gift from the sea! You are a lucky gal!

Susan said...

how exciting and how beautiful. cheers from the gang at 29 Black Street. xo S, Miss D and les Boys

Veronica said...

A fabulous treasure worth waiting for ... just like my new home. We are so lucky!