Monday, November 12, 2007

a toast.....












to our success ..... with the tub and tiles. Wheeeee !!

After not quite getting the grout right ... we spent a week of scrubbing .. even to the point of finally acid washing. Finally got the "bloom" or "efflorescence" or whatever it was off the surface of the grout. The colour is now uniform and almost the colour we expected ... we can live happily with it. I say "we", but, quite honestly it was not "I" that was upset with it. I just lump myself in with my favourite renovator (who is ultra picky) in order to try to keep us on an even keel. It was a whole week of struggling...but, today, we are happy but weary renovators.

Sink and toilet next....

Time for that drink.

3 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Congratulations Vee! Oh my gosh what a project! Fingers crossed on the last 2 items!

Pauline said...

Well done Vee, isn't it a great feeling when you finish a big project. Enjoy your glass of wine - you deserve it with all that work and more work in the bathroom to come!!

Warm wishes
Pauline

Linda Fleming said...

Oh Vee! That tile is gorgeous! Good job! Want to tile my kitchen back splash for me? LOL! Have an extra glass of wine as a reward for your hard work.